4.26.2010

Safe GF Thai in Scottsdale, Arizona

Malee's Thai Bistro offers appealing Thai cuisine and a complete gluten-free menu. Our server was welcoming and seemed well-informed about gluten-free needs. The offerings were somewhat limited in the realms of options that were both vegetarian and gluten-free, so I had veggie Pad Thai and mango spring rolls 'with a hint of crab.'

The Pad Thai also made for a fine lunch the next day.

I eat Thai very rarely as a social treat. Though I have been told that traditional Thai food does include gluten, Thai restaurant food in the US features white rices and noodles and many dishes taste sweetened. It's all a bit higher on the glycemic index than what I aim to eat daily.

More on the glycemic index, and why I care about it so much, in a separate post.

No comments: